Sunday, October 5, 2008

Osolots and Tigers and Bears...

The weekend turned out to be good for me. On Saturday, myself and my neighbors went to the Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport, a quaint little oasis in the middle of a crappy city(no offense). I enjoyed watching the crazy monkeys jump all around their cages and stick their butts in each others faces. One thing that made me sad, being an animal lover, was that the cages for the bears, tigers, and osolots were way too small for them. They all looked like they were going insane being pent up in there. I talked to one of the directors for the zoo and he said that they are trying to expand their areas but they need more funding from the state. An why cant the state fund the zoo? Because we(state) are suffering from the economic downfall, at the expense of the animals. I know I sound like a damn hippy but if you ever visit the zoo, try and donate some $ for the animal's sake.

That same day I went to the Bishops Haymaze. I forgot just how much fun running around aimlessly in hay could be. I brought me back to when I use to go with my cousins every year and I always get lost. Damn maze, if only there was cheese waiting for me at the end, or cake.

Tomorrow is more school, oh boy. But that seems to be okay with me. Fall is such a great time of year because it's my birthday(31st Oct.) and I love the brisk air and the beautiful, almost symbolic turning of the leaves. I'm off to pretend to study for Spanish.

No comments: